I’ve lived in West Oxford for 25 years and am passionate about building stronger communities and tackling climate change. Here are some of the things I’ve been involved with locally
- Chair and member of West Oxford Community Association for 10 yrs.
- Whilst Chair of WOCA, I set up the first Zipcar, installed solar panels, and outsourced the café. These still provide regular income for the centre.
- Co-Founder of the charity, Low Carbon West Oxford in 2007 and the social enterprise, West Oxford Community Renewables in 2009.
- Director of Artweeks.
- Friend of West Oxford School for 10 years and organised the first Christmas Bazaar.
- Helped to organise Harley Road Street Party for the past 24 years.
- Set up Hogacre Common in 2010, leasing the land from Corpus Christi College for a jar of honey/annum.
- Founding member of West Oxford Panto Assoc. in 2010. Made scenery, props, directed.
10 things I will do when you elect me:
- Fight to improve Air Quality in Jericho/West Oxford
- Fight to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians
- Oppose new council policies that criminalise boaters, buskers and the homeless
- Oppose privatisation of NHS and public services
- Push for more affordable homes and fairer rents
- Protect community assets like Port Meadow for future generations
- Work to reduce Oxford’s Carbon Footprint
- Support Jericho Community Association in their plans for new canal-side development
- Support local small businesses
- Oppose academies