Donate for 2024
Over the last five years, we have grown from 2 to 27 Green Party councillors. You can help us win again in 2024!
In 2019 we took South Oxfordshire away from the Conservatives. In 2021 we did the same in the county council. And in 2022 we doubled the number of Green councillors in Oxford, Cherwell and West Oxfordshire. Then in 2023 we gained another 8 councillors. We now have 27 county and district council seats plus many parish and town councillors. Our Green councillors are making a difference, making our councils not just declare a climate emergency but create practical plans to reach net zero and adapt to the climate change already happening.
But campaigning costs a lot of money!
We need to build up our capacity to run year round campaigns to win in Oxford, Cherwell and West Oxfordshire in 2024, in Oxfordshire County Council in 2025 and pay for deposits and literature in 7 constituencies for the next General Election in late 2024.
Our wins this year were built on year round campaigning. It is no longer sufficient to just print and deliver leaflets in the month before polling day. Our candidates spent 18 months getting noticed in their wards, doing surveys and delivering newsletters every other month. As we campaign in more places, we need more staff time to train and support bigger campaigns. To do that we need regular monthly income to pay for staff, software and regular ward newsletters.
How can you help?
- £2/month pays for online document storage.
- £6/month will pay for 30 min./month of staff time training volunteers.
- £13/month pays for Zoom meetings or hosting a web site.
- £25 pays for a online advertisement to reach people at home.
- £40 will print a letter for every postal voter in a ward.
- £100 will pay staff for a day.
- £150 will pay for 5000 copies of a ward newsletter.
- £500/month pays for 42 hours of staff time organising election campaigns.
Donate to our fighting fund now. We particularly need regular donations every month so that we can afford to pay for staff and all year round newsletters.
Give a little, or give a lot, whatever you can afford. Thank you.