Our Green Fair is a wonderful event to get involved with.
Hundreds of people come to see the stalls, buy Christmas presents and sign up to campaigns. The Green Fair is one of our major fundraising activities in the year and it helps us keep our campaigns running. Income is generated from the stalls, donations and selling food and drink.
This year the Green Fair is on Saturday 25th November and making it even more special, we have Caroline Lucas MP opening the fair.
We are expecting a high footfall this year as the students will still be in town, which will mean we need more volunteers than ever.
The whole event is run by volunteers who help us for all or part of the day, between 8.30am and 5.30pm. Could you help?
We need people to:
- publicise the event (putting up posters in windows and shops, circulating them online, or walking around with posters on the day handing out leaflets). Or download and print your own copy of the poster and get it displayed locally.
- help stall holders unload in the morning and clear up and load at the end of the day,
- help prepare and serve food from the kitchen,
- bring homemade vegetarian or vegan food (cakes especially welcome); it's very important to include a list all the ingredients as many people have allergies (and you can see some common allergy-causing ingredients here),
- collect donations as people come in,
- help set up and take down Green Party stalls,
- sell donated books at our everlasting book stall,
- be a Green Party ambassador and introduce visitors to the local party,
- find and encourage groups/charities etc. to hire the remaining stalls,
- and more ...
If you can help in any way, please RSVP below, by ticking the boxes (as many as you like) that describe how you might be able to help and our volunteer co-ordinator will get in touch.