We are looking for Green Party candidates in the:
- 2019 South Oxfordshire, Vale, Cherwell and West Oxfordshire district council elections,
- 2022 (or any time) Parliamentary elections.
All candidates for target seats need to complete this form. A target seat is a priority area where the Oxfordshire Green Party aims to make an impact.
If you just want to get your name on the ballot paper so that voters can vote for the Green Party in your ward (a non-target candidate) you do not need to complete this form.
To be selected as a Green Party candidate for a winnable seat, you need to:
- Be eligible to stand for election in the area and have not been disqualified from standing (you don't need to live in the ward or constituency, just somewhere in the council area - or the UK to stand for Parliament).
- Answer the questions in this survey.
- Provide a statement to circulate to all members in the council area and answer questions at a hustings meeting.
- Get two nominations from paid-up Green Party members in the constituency.
- Win a selection ballot at the meeting.
If you have any difficulties completing the survey, email the Oxfordshire Green Party Elections co-ordinator with the same information, and any questions you have. We can arrange meetings with councillors and campaigners to answer any questions on what our councillors do, or how to win an election. Or read Councillor David William's presentation on Green councillors.
The deadline for applications, with a fully completed survey and selection statement, is:
- Mon. 5 March 2018 - for the Parliamentary elections.
Selections for 2019 council elections will be organised later.