We are looking for Green Party candidates in the:
- 2018 Oxford City Council, Cherwell and West Oxfordshire District Council elections,
- 2019 South Oxfordshire and Vale district council elections,
- 2022 (or any time) Parliamentary elections.
All candidates for target seats need to complete this form. A target seat is a priority area where the Oxfordshire Green Party aims to make an impact.
If you just want to get your name on the ballot paper so that voters can vote for the Green Party in your ward (a paper candidate) you do not need to complete this form.
To be selected as a Green Party candidate for a winnable seat, you need to:
- Be eligible to stand for election in the area and have not been disqualified from standing (you don't need to live in the ward or constituency, just somewhere in the council area - or the UK to stand for Parliament).
- Answer the questions in this survey.
- Provide a statement to circulate to all members in the council area and answer questions at a hustings meeting.
- Win a selection ballot at the meeting.
If you have any difficulties completing the survey, email the Oxfordshire Green Party Elections co-ordinator with the same information, and any questions you have. We can arrange meetings with councillors and campaigners to answer any questions on what our councillors do, or how to win an election. Or read Councillor David William's presentation on Green councillors.
The final deadlines for applications, with a fully completed survey and selection statement, is:
- Sun. 15 Oct. 2017 - for the Oxford City Council election.
Selection for Cherwell District Council candidates will be organised by the North Oxfordshire Branch, and the West Oxfordshire branch will organise candidates for West Oxfordshire District Council.