You can help us campaign to win in Oxfordshire by telephoning people. While people are staying at home, they appreciate contact from the Green Party. You could:
- Talk to members and supporters to:
- find out what they would like to do,
- find out how we can help them and they can help us. or
- ask for regular donations so we can build the party and extend our campaigns.
- Call voters to ask:
- what issues concern them,
- how Green councillors can help them, and
- whether they have thought of voting Green.
If you would like to help, even if only for 30 min. each week, please fill in these forms. There are two forms.
- The one at the top with fields to fill in will sign you up so you can use our virtual call centre from home.
- The one at the bottom is to let us know you are interested, so we can invite you to a training session.
Thinking of volunteering? Want to help the Oxfordshire Green Party campaign for the common good?
Not sure what you can do? This FAQ gives an introduction into some of the less obvious ways you can help.
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 7 May 2020. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
We need to build Oxfordshire back better
Not only is there is a climate emergency, we have many more people in Oxfordshire struggling to make ends meet and using food banks.
We need to get Green councillors elected to voice the concerns of the vulnerable and insecure in our midst, and to take the urgent steps needed to build a sustainable recovery that would see Oxfordshire carbon neutral by 2030.
We are up against well-funded party machines, but the Green Party knows that building grass root support can help us to win. In 2019 Oxfordshire elected 8 new Green councillors. The green party now jointly control one council.
Whatever your skills, there is something you can do to help get Green Councillors elected. Fill in the form below, and one of our volunteers will get in touch to talk about how you would like to become involved.
Become a volunteer
Would you like to help welcome newly-joined members into your area? Not everyone feels confident enough to immediately come to a big meeting or join in a campaign team. So we are looking for members who can talk to them about local issues and the things we are doing as a party.
If you are willing to be a local link person who will make that extra bit of effort to get to know new local members, please let me know and I will ensure you are provided with details of people who join in your area. In cities this area might be a few streets, in the countryside a village. I will divide up the areas once all the volunteers have signed up. Let me know which area you would like to handle.
How you welcome new members and supporters is up to you. Below are some suggestions. Tick the ones that you think might work in your area. Some are more suited to a rural village, other in towns. Or you may have better ideas.Become a volunteer