You can help us campaign to win in Oxfordshire by telephoning people.
For this General Election we need people to:
- Invite supporters who have offered to help to come to action days.
- Call voters in places we cannot reach, such as rural villages and blocks of flats, to find out whether they might vote green.
and in addition, after the General Election we also need people to:
- Talk to new members to find out what they would like to do.
- Ask for regular donations so we can build the party and extend our campaigns.
If you would like to help, even if only for 30 min. each week, please fill in these forms. There are two forms.
- The one at the top with fields to fill in will sign you up to use our virtual call centre.
- The one at the bottom is for you to tell us how you can help, either getting together with a group of friends in someone's house to call one evening (a phone bank) or calling from home using our virtual call centre.
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 7 May 2020. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
Help us fight the climate crisis. Let's get more Greens elected!
We need better representatives, ones that don't just pay lip service to the climate crisis. You can help our local election candidates reach thousands of voters before 7 May.
Oxfordshire Green Party is campaigning for a Green New Deal by getting more Green Party members elected at all levels of government. Already our elected Green councillors have got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, declare a climate emergency, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We're not funded by big business or rich people, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you help make a difference? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can. Or if you would like to speak to someone about it, please phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Become a volunteer
Would you like to help welcome newly-joined members into your area? Not everyone feels confident enough to immediately come to a big meeting or join in a campaign team. So we are looking for members who can talk to them about local issues and the things we are doing as a party.
If you are willing to be a local link person who will make that extra bit of effort to get to know new local members, please let me know and I will ensure you are provided with details of people who join in your area. In cities this area might be a few streets, in the countryside a village. I will divide up the areas once all the volunteers have signed up. Let me know which area you would like to handle.
How you welcome new members and supporters is up to you. Below are some suggestions. Tick the ones that you think might work in your area. Some are more suited to a rural village, other in towns. Or you may have better ideas.Become a volunteer