Oxfordshire Green Party have examined the latest outline application for redeveloping Westgate. Our views on the current application remain largely unchanged from the previous comments to the Westgate Alliance. We do not consider this a sustainable proposal, and its disadvantages outweigh by far its benefits.Read more
Planning Application: Land West of Barton 13/01383/OUT
The Oxfordshire Green Party made objections to the Barton AAP on the following main grounds
- Loss of Nature Park
- The level of affordable housing being set at 40%
- Inadequate Open Space Provision
- Concerns about density and garden space
- Building too close to the A40, resulting noise and air pollution and loss of existing hedges on central reservation and on Barton side.
- Emergency and bus access into Northway breaking into existing protective hedge and grass area at Foxwell Drive.
Oxfordshire Green Party have been opposed to a major shopping development at the Westgate from the earliest proposals put forward. This land is public land, and was historically housing. The basis for the decision to make this an area for commercial development rests on an idea that Oxford should be more regionally commercially competitive; but we believe that this is not the best use of this central, piece of precious public land.Read more