We need lots of helpers on election day, 12 Dec. 2019. Please take the day off work and come and help.
In the General Election let's show how many votes we can get as we challenge the old grey parties to change for the common good. This is a critical election to fight the climate emergency.
We need people to:
- Telephone or visit green voters to remind them to get to their polling station.
- Help voters get to the polls
(from giving lifts to baby sitting).
- Sit outside polling stations smiling at voters and writing down voter numbers (Telling).
- Walk or cycle around, with Green Party banners, handing out pledge cards.
(so everyone is reminded that there is an election where they can vote Green.)
- Help at our committee rooms (The Oxford East committee room is the Campaign Office at 41 St. Clement's)
(from making tea and coffee to entering data into computers).
- In the evening, as the ballots are opened, tally the votes
(so we know where people are voting green).
- We also need help in the days before polling day, preparing and delivering eve of poll leaflets.
Please let us know when and where you can help. Fill in the form below.
When you RSVP below, you will then be sent to a page to indicate your preferences in how you can help. Please complete that page. We will get back to you with specific details about when and where you will be helping.
Google map and directions
|Cherwell D.C.||Vale of White Horse D.C.|
|Kidlington East||Ian Middleton *||Abingdon Abbey Northcourt||Cheryl Briggs *|
|Banbury Grimsbury and Hightown||Carrick Cameron||Botley and Sunningwell||Katherine Phillips|
|Banbury Hardwick||Karl Kwiatkowski||Faringdon||Liz Swallow|
|Bicester East||Robert Nixon||Stanford||Kevin Middleton|
|Bicester North and Caversfield||Francis Boon|
|Deddington||Aaron Bliss||West Oxfordshire D.C.|
|Fringford and Heyfords||Jenny Tamblyn||Alvescot and Filkins||Alma Ann Tumilowicz|
|Adderbury, Bloxham and Bodicote||Andy Aris||Carterton North East||Rosie Pearson|
|Charlbury and Finstock||Liz Reason|
|South Oxfordshire D.C.||Hailey, Minster Lovell and Leafield||Frances Mortimer|
|Berinsfield||Robin Bennett *||Eynsham and Cassington||Helen Gavin|
|Benson & Crowmarsh||Andrea Powell *||Kingham, Rollright and Enstone||Celia Jocelyn Kerslake|
|Didcot South||Malcolm Smith||Stonesfield and Tackley||Mathew Parkinson|
|Didcot West||Adam Grindey||Witney Central||Stuart Macdonald|
|Garsington & Horspath||Mark Stevenson||Witney North||Andrew Peter Prosser|
|Sandford & the Wittenhams||Sam Casey-Rerhaye *||Witney South||Carol Rae Cather|
|Wallingford||Sue Roberts *|
|Woodcote & Rotherfield||Jo O'connor (Robb) *|
|Woodcote & Rotherfield||Andrew Wallis|
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 2 May 2019. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
Help us fight the climate crisis. Let's get more Greens elected
We need better MPs, ones that don't just pay lip service to the climate crisis. Right now you can help our General Election candidates reach thousands of voters before 12 December.
Oxfordshire Green Party is campaigning for a Green New Deal by getting more Green MPs. Already our elected Green councillors have got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, declare a climate emergency, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We don't have much money, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you help make a difference? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can. Or if you would like to speak to someone about it, please phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Become a volunteer
There will be a meeting to discuss and approve the Oxfordshire Green Party strategy on Thursday 2 October.Read more