Let us know how you can best help on election day, 5 May 2022. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping organise 1.
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count on Friday, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick all the ways you can help below, and where you can help. The autoresponse email will tell you whom to contact or where to go.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
We need to build back better
Not only is there is a climate and ecological crisis but we have many more people in the City and County struggling with steep increases in the cost of living.
We need to get Green councillors elected to voice the concerns of the vulnerable and insecure in our midst, and to take the urgent steps needed to build a sustainable future. As an international city, Oxford also have a duty to speak out on issues of fairness and injustice around the world and, as a City of Sanctuary, it has a role to play in welcoming and supporting refugees and asylum seekers.
The Green Party does not take money from vested interests so we rely on grass roots volunteers to help us to win seats. In 2019 Oxfordshire elected 8 new Green councillors and, in 2021, 3 new Green County councillors. This year, with your support, we can do even better.
Whatever your skills, there is something you can do to help get Green Councillors elected. Fill in the form below, and one of our volunteers will get in touch to talk about how you would like to become involved.
Become a volunteer
There will be a meeting to discuss and approve the Oxfordshire Green Party strategy on Thursday 2 October.Read more