Let us know how you can best help on election day, 7 May 2020. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
We need to build Oxfordshire back better
Not only is there is a climate emergency, we have many more people in Oxfordshire struggling to make ends meet and using food banks.
We need to get Green councillors elected to voice the concerns of the vulnerable and insecure in our midst, and to take the urgent steps needed to build a sustainable recovery that would see Oxfordshire carbon neutral by 2030.
We are up against well-funded party machines, but the Green Party knows that building grass root support can help us to win. In 2019 Oxfordshire elected 8 new Green councillors. The green party now jointly control one council.
Whatever your skills, there is something you can do to help get Green Councillors elected. Fill in the form below, and one of our volunteers will get in touch to talk about how you would like to become involved.
Become a volunteer
There will be a meeting to discuss and approve the Oxfordshire Green Party strategy on Thursday 2 October.Read more