Let us know how you can best help on election day, 7 May 2020. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
Help us fight the climate crisis. Let's get more Greens elected!
We need better representatives, ones that don't just pay lip service to the climate crisis. You can help our local election candidates reach thousands of voters in the year round campaign leading up to 6 May 2021
Oxfordshire Green Party is campaigning for a Green New Deal by getting more Green Party members elected at all levels of government. Already our elected Green councillors have got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, declare a climate emergency, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We're not funded by big business or rich people, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you help make a difference? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can. Or if you would like to speak to someone about it, please phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Become a volunteer
There will be a meeting to discuss and approve the Oxfordshire Green Party strategy on Thursday 2 October.Read more