Let us know how you can best help on election day, 18 Oct. 2018. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below.Become a volunteer
Ian Middleton (Kidlington East Ward) needs your help to get elected as a Green Councillor next May.
Without Green and Liberal Democrat councillors there will be virtually no one left to:
HOLD THE CONSERVATIVE-RUN COUNCIL TO ACCOUNT
PROTECT THE GREEN BELT FROM THE HUGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FILLING THE GAP BETWEEN KIDLINGTON AND OXFORD
Please complete the volunteer form below:Become a volunteer
Help us hold your local Council to account
Oxfordshire Green Party is running campaigns to fight homelessness, save local community facilities, tackle air pollution, ban single-use plastics and generally improve the quality of your local council services by getting more Green councillors elected. Our Green councillors have already got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We don't have much money, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you join us to help make a difference in your local area? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can.
We are campaigning all year round on local issues and to get more Green councillors elected. If you have just a few hours to spare please do phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Become a volunteer
There will be a meeting to discuss and approve the Oxfordshire Green Party strategy on Thursday 2 October.Read more