We need helpers on the Wallingford by-election day. Please take the day off work and come and help.
Our Candidate Dr Pete Sudbury and his team have been working hard to take a County Council seat from the Conservatives. This is a seat we can win.
Too many people give up on politics, don't vote, and leave it to others. We have to make sure all our supporters get to the polls this time.
We need people on the day to:
- Telephone or visit green voters to remind them to get to their polling station.
- Help voters get to the polls
(from giving lifts to baby sitting).
- Sit outside polling stations smiling at voters and writing down voter numbers.
- Help at our committee rooms
(from making tea and coffee to entering data into computers).
- In the evening, as the ballots are opened, tally the votes
(so we know where people are voting green).
Glebe House Reading Road
Wallingford, England OX10 9DT
Google map and directions
We are living in exciting times, while most of the excitement has been on the General Election, which nobody wanted to call, but then called anyway, the Greens in Oxfordshire have been working hard on a by-election that has largely gone unnoticed.
Our Candidate Dr Pete Sudbury and his team have been working hard to take a County Council seat from the Conservatives, with this one seat we can do just that. The Liberal Democrats have stood down and are actively helping us gain this foothold on the County.
It is crucial we take this seat, the current Minister for housing Robert Jenrick has stopped the Greens on South Oxfordshire DC from withdrawing the ridiculous local plan and is threatening to pass SODCs planning powers to the County Council, to push through the excessive housing that will only profit developers. Taking this seat will seriously hamper the effectiveness of such a move.
Meet at: Glebe House, Reading Road, Wallingford OX10 9DT (Map)
We need your help to make this happen
Wallingford OX10 9DT
Google map and directions
Feel free to download and print Larry Sanders leaflets and posters.
If you need large quantities, or large posters on garden stakes, please fill in the form below, or come to our Witney campaign office, Hexagon Business Centre, Avenue Four, Station Lane, Witney.
- Freepost leaflet (being sent to every household in the constituency).
- Leaflet 2, more on Larry's promises: front and back.
- Leaflet 3, on how the Green Party was the only party to vote against cuts to children's centres and rural buses (see below).
If you have a question for Larry Sanders, Green Party candidate for the Witney by-election on 20 October, please fill in the form below.
To donate or volunteer click the buttons on the right, or sign up for a Larry for Witney event.
Phone: 01993 460014
Campaign office: Hexagon Business Centre, Avenue Four, Station Lane, Witney (opposite Sainsburys).
The green party has pledged to make britain fairer and less divided. We can do better.
- a rail line to end the A40 gridlock that cripples our economic and social life
- the right housing in the right place: affordable homes that don’t harm the environment
- an end to NHS cuts and hospital closures
- an end to the pointless cruelty of austerity. We should borrow cheaply to invest in schools, children’s centres, day centres, libraries, andmaintain roads and pavements
- a decent rural bus service
- decent prospects for our young people
- a comfortable retirement for our old people
Larry Sanders' priorities
- reduce unemployment and underemployment
- reverse privatisation of the NHS and fund it properly
- make social care free at the point of need
- introduce proportional representation so that all votes count
- ensure the richest individuals and corporations pay their full taxes
- introduce a minimum wage of £10 an hour
- end tuition fees
- restore maintenance grants for students and apprentices
- introducing rent controls to ensure better security for tenants
- invest in renewables and building insulation to fight climate change for the sake of our children and grandchildren
How can we afford this?
The Bank of England has created hundreds of billions of pounds in the last eight years for the banks. We should invest at
least some of this in essential infrastructure and services to create real wealth. This way, we could have a world class quality of life for all citizens.
In Oxfordshire, the Green Party councillors produced an alternative budget that would have protected £7 million investment in the people of Oxfordshire, including rural bus services, all the childrens centres and adult social care, at a cost of 74 p/week increase in council tax. All the Conservative, Labour and Liberal Democrat county councillors voted against the Green budget and for the cuts.
The Greens are the alternative
Pledge your vote
Vote Larry Sanders on 20 October
Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (OCCG) plans to close all nine of Oxfordshire's community hospitals. The plans were originally released in the papers for its meeting on 29th September.Read more
Larry Sanders, Green Party Candidate for Witney, will be joining junior doctors at a demonstration on Thursday 29th September in Bonn Square, Oxford at 6.00pm. The event, organised by Oxfordshire Keep Our NHS Public, marks the continuing opposition of junior doctors and their supporters to new contracts, which are to be imposed from October.Read more
This Saturday curious Witney folk came to the Green Party stall to talk to Brigitte Hickman, our candidate for the Witney North by-election on Thursday.
From 10 'til 2, we asked people to sign Brigitte's petition to put solar lights on a path next to a river that lots of people use to get to a shopping centre, and to think of voting for her on Thursday.