Robert Nixon answered 2019-01-06 15:15:58 +0000Q: Do you already have a campaign team or know people who will help you organise the campaign in your chosen area?
A: No, I need help building a team
Everyone who wants to stand in a council target ward, must complete this questionnaire. If you just want to get your name on the ballot paper so that voters can vote for the Green Party in your ward (a non-target candidate) you do not need to complete this questionnaire.
There are 15 questions in all, the first of which you see below. They cover eligibility, your selection statement, how much time you can contribute and what help you need from the party.
If you have any difficulties completing the questionnaire, email the Oxfordshire Green Party Elections co-ordinator with the same information, using this candidate application document, and any questions you have.
Deadline for first 2021 selection hustings: 25 September 2021Take the survey
Robert Nixon wants to volunteer 2019-01-06 14:07:49 +0000
This is a call for candidates to stand for the Green Party at the 2021 elections to councils in Oxfordshire.
We need more Green councillors in Oxfordshire. Could you follow in the footsteps of our Green Party councillors in Oxford, and stand for election? You could improve the quality of our councils by representing the people and views that the governing parties ignore.
If you are at all interested in standing as a candidate, or helping organise a campaign for a candidate, please complete the form below, and the Elections Committee will get back to you with more details.
If you want any more information on what is involved in standing as candidate, please contact the Elections Co-ordinator, David Newman.
We are looking for both target candidates, who will work hard to win in May 2021, and non-target candidates who need to do as little as getting their name on the ballot paper so that people can vote everywhere for a Green Party candidate.Become a volunteer
Robert Nixon commented on Caroline Lucas visited Abingdon Greens 2019-01-05 23:39:04 +0000It was great to see so many new faces there. Hope to see them volunteering soon!
5,379 VOTES FOUND12,000 votes
The green party has pledged to make britain fairer and less divided. We can do better.
- a rail line to end the A40 gridlock that cripples our economic and social life
- the right housing in the right place: affordable homes that don’t harm the environment
- an end to NHS cuts and hospital closures
- an end to the pointless cruelty of austerity. We should borrow cheaply to invest in schools, children’s centres, day centres, libraries, andmaintain roads and pavements
- a decent rural bus service
- decent prospects for our young people
- a comfortable retirement for our old people
Larry Sanders' priorities
- reduce unemployment and underemployment
- reverse privatisation of the NHS and fund it properly
- make social care free at the point of need
- introduce proportional representation so that all votes count
- ensure the richest individuals and corporations pay their full taxes
- introduce a minimum wage of £10 an hour
- end tuition fees
- restore maintenance grants for students and apprentices
- introducing rent controls to ensure better security for tenants
- invest in renewables and building insulation to fight climate change for the sake of our children and grandchildren
How can we afford this?
The Bank of England has created hundreds of billions of pounds in the last eight years for the banks. We should invest at
least some of this in essential infrastructure and services to create real wealth. This way, we could have a world class quality of life for all citizens.
In Oxfordshire, the Green Party councillors produced an alternative budget that would have protected £7 million investment in the people of Oxfordshire, including rural bus services, all the childrens centres and adult social care, at a cost of 74 p/week increase in council tax. All the Conservative, Labour and Liberal Democrat county councillors voted against the Green budget and for the cuts.
The Greens are the alternativePledge your vote
Vote Larry Sanders on 20 October
Robert Nixon is following this site, wanting to find out more about the Oxfordshire Green Party.