Kevin McGlynn wants to volunteer 2018-05-01 14:34:04 +0100
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 2 May 2019. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help, as there are elections in 4 councils this year.Become a volunteer
- Reminding people to vote:
Kevin McGlynn wants to volunteer 2018-12-11 23:00:11 +0000
This is a call for candidates to stand for the Green Party at the 2020 elections to councils in Oxfordshire.
We need more Green councillors in Oxfordshire. Could you follow in the footsteps of our Green Party councillors in Oxford, and stand for election? You could improve the quality of our councils by representing the people and views that the governing parties ignore.
If you are at all interested in standing as a candidate, or helping organise a campaign for a candidate, please complete the form below, and the Elections Committee will get back to you with more details.
If you want any more information on what is involved in standing as candidate, please contact the Elections Co-ordinator, David Newman.Become a volunteer
Kevin McGlynn wants to volunteer 2014-12-26 03:48:47 +0000
Help us hold your local Council to account
Oxfordshire Green Party is running campaigns to fight homelessness, save local community facilities, tackle air pollution, ban single-use plastics and generally improve the quality of your local council services by getting more Green councillors elected. Our Green councillors have already got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We don't have much money, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you join us to help make a difference in your local area? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can.
We are campaigning all year round on local issues and to get more Green councillors elected. If you have just a few hours to spare please do phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Kevin McGlynn is following this site, wanting to find out more about the Oxfordshire Green Party.