Liz Taylor, candidate for Quarry & Risinghurst
Hello, my name is Liz Taylor and I have lived on Risinghurst for 27 years.
I work in Headington and have been a frequent visitor to Oxford all my life.
I work for the NHS - 34 years and still going strong.
I really enjoy living here, and I'd like to be able to help sustain and improve our community even more.
Our extensive and well-maintained facilities are thanks to the volunteers. the parish, city and county councils and the council tax payers - i.e. YOU!
Let me know what you think about our community and share any ideas you have for improvement.
The Green Party offers a fresh and positive perspective, and holds the ruling Labour party to account.
My past community involvement
- Risinghurst Playgroup committee member
- Risinghurst Community Association Bookings Secretary for 13 years (including several years as Chair and events co-ordinator)
- Youth Club volunteer - helped with Trax project, Tuck shop and admin.
- Editor of the Chronicle (local newspaper).
- Parish Councillor - helped install Street Sport Site (the Cage)
- Senior Citizen's Lunch Club and local events helper
- Ampleforth Arms supporter
I will fight for the best outcome for our community on the following issues;
- the Nielsens and other developments
- the long promised Collinwood Road/A40 pedestrian crossing
- Ward boundary changes
- Traffic, parking, pollution, energy and waste management to name a few!