Saturday 19th March 3.00pm - 5.00pm
On-line on Zoom from Asthall Manor, Burford
NOTE: We can take no further bookings for attendance in person as we have reached capacity
Following on from our highly successful event – Healthy Food Shouldn’t Cost the Earth West Oxfordshire Green Party has worked with the North Oxfordshire Branch to create an un-missable event, looking at growing food in the community and its health benefits.
With food poverty at its worst for decades and health services under extreme stress, community gardens and orchards, school gardens and allotments offer a perfect opportunity to increase well being in the community through their valuable social, physical and mental health benefits.
In an effort to encourage and support the expansion of community growing projects we have gathered together speakers from both community and health sectors:
- Our community presenters will share their experiences of setting up community gardens and orchards in towns and schools around Oxfordshire.
- Our health sector experts will explore the benefits of growing your own food on both mental and physical health.
This Hybrid meeting will be broadcast live via Zoom from the historic Asthall Manor in Burford.
The event will take place on Saturday 19th March from 3.00pm to 5.00pm
For those who wish, they can stay connected after the meeting to join a virtual tour of the Asthall manor Kitchen Garden and watch videos produced by the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare.
Our Speakers include:
- Rosie Pearson - Asthall Manor
- Tim Mitchell - Asthall Manor Kitchen Garden
- Dr Angela Wilson GP - co founder of the Oxford Greener Practice
- Dr Janet Angus - Consultant Dermatologist, Bristol Royal Infirmary and co-owner of Cerny House Gardens
- Cllr Fiona Mawson - Yarnton Community Orchard
- Linda Newbery - Feed our Future - Educating children about their food
- Barry Jessol - Chair of Witney Allotment Association and Windrush Rep of the UK Allotment Association
- Rachel Green - Bridewell Garden - Social and therapeutic horticulture gardens
- Brenda Woods - Edible Gardens Witney
Plus presentations about: The "Good to Grow Network" & The "RHS School Gardening Programme"
BOOKING YOUR PLACE and LOGISTICS
- Please register by clicking the RSVP button below so that we can send you the zoom link.
- Note places were limited at Asthall Manor and we have already reached capacity, so we will be broadcasting the event on Zoom for those that are not attending in person.
- The event will be free of charge to attend on-line
Burford, Oxfordshire OX18 4HW
Google map and directions