Are you, or have you thought about, becoming a Green Party candidate? Or are you helping one of our candidates get elected? Then come along to our elections training day. All Oxfordshire Green Party members are welcome.
During the day, you will learn:
- The story of how Elise Benjamin became a councillor in Oxford.
- What our Green councillors and MEPs are doing.
- The key issues in this May's elections, and what the Green Party is saying about them.
- The Brighton canvassing system, from Alex Phillips, Brighton councillor and European Parliament candidate.
- Have a go at knocking on doors and speaking to voters yourself, alongside an experienced canvasser.
- Simple techniques to publicise the cause (e.g. letter writing)
- What you can do with this new website to engage voters and supporters.
- The countdown to the two elections on 22 May 2014.
Tea and coffee provided, you can buy lunch from the Sunday lunch club at the East Oxford Community Centre.
Oxford OX4 1HU
Google map and directions