Sonja Francis donated 2019-11-14 20:19:16 +0000£757.00 raisedGOAL: £5,300.00
In 2019 we elected 7 district councillors outside Oxford, thanks to your support. We now have Green councillors working for you in Cherwell, Oxford, South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse as well as in many parish and town councils. Now we need to start campaigning to win more in May 2020. There are elections in West Oxfordshire and Cherwell District. In Oxford City, people will be electing two councillors in each ward on new boundaries. That means our candidates stand a good chance of winning in many more places in Oxford.
To do that we need to campaign all year round. We need to print, design and deliver over a dozen ward newsletters and leaflets in all the wards where we could win. That cost money. To fund such a big campaign, we need to raise £5,300.
Please give whatever you can afford:
- £5 can pay for a canvassing pack to equip a volunteer.
- £15 will print 500 posters for a town.
- £25 pays for a Facebook advertisement.
- £40 pays for mobile phone canvassing for a month.
- £100 pays for 5000 leaflets to get Green supporters to vote.
- £250 will pay for an advertisement in all the free newspapers in Oxfordshire.
- £600 pays for one months work by our staff.
Donate to our fighting fund now. Give a little, or give a lot, whatever you can afford. Thank you.Donate
Sonja Francis wants to volunteer 2019-11-14 20:14:15 +0000
You can help us campaign to win in Oxfordshire by telephoning people.
For this General Election we need people to:
- Invite supporters who have offered to help to come to action days.
- Call voters in places we cannot reach, such as rural villages and blocks of flats, to find out whether they might vote green.
and in addition, after the General Election we also need people to:
- Talk to new members to find out what they would like to do.
- Ask for regular donations so we can build the party and extend our campaigns.
If you would like to help, even if only for 30 min. each week, please fill in these forms. There are two forms.
- The one at the top with fields to fill in will sign you up to use our virtual call centre.
- The one at the bottom is for you to tell us how you can help, either getting together with a group of friends in someone's house to call one evening (a phone bank) or calling from home using our virtual call centre.
Sonja Francis wants to volunteer 2019-11-14 20:20:55 +0000
Help us fight the climate crisis. Let's get more Greens elected!
We need better representatives, ones that don't just pay lip service to the climate crisis. You can help our local election candidates reach thousands of voters before 7 May.
Oxfordshire Green Party is campaigning for a Green New Deal by getting more Green Party members elected at all levels of government. Already our elected Green councillors have got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, declare a climate emergency, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We're not funded by big business or rich people, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you help make a difference? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can. Or if you would like to speak to someone about it, please phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Sonja Francis wants to volunteer 2019-03-28 01:14:38 +0000
This is a call for candidates to stand for the Green Party at the 2021 elections to councils in Oxfordshire.
We need more Green councillors in Oxfordshire. Could you follow in the footsteps of our Green Party councillors in Oxford, and stand for election? You could improve the quality of our councils by representing the people and views that the governing parties ignore.
If you are at all interested in standing as a candidate, or helping organise a campaign for a candidate, please complete the form below, and the Elections Committee will get back to you with more details.
If you want any more information on what is involved in standing as candidate, please contact the Elections Co-ordinator, David Newman.
We are looking for both target candidates, who will work hard to win in May 2021, and non-target candidates who need to do as little as getting their name on the ballot paper so that people can vote everywhere for a Green Party candidate.Become a volunteer
Thame Town Cllr Sonja Francis
I support the Green Party because I believe in campaigning and action against the effects of Climate Change and its influence on the sustainability of species and the lives of us all.