Despite 1500 signatures, the County Council will, on Tuesday at 2pm, recommend handing over Florence Park Children’s Centre to a private nursery.
This means a public funded community asset that is much loved will be privatised.
Please ensure that your presence is felt and your voices heard before councillors go into this meeting. The full report can be read here: https://goo.gl/K3fSdV
Call to Action!
Turn up at 1.30pm outside County Hall with or without a placard. Here are some suggestions for placards or choose your own eg
- "Community asset for all"
- "Over 1500 signatures - IGNORED"
Send an email to the Councillors – list below – asking them to ensure that the community asset of the Florence Park Children’s Centre is not handed over to a private organisation, and that we work together to find a long-term community-owned solution.
Also, find out more here: http://saveoxfordshireschildrenscentres.com/
Please share this message as widely as possible NOW.
You can write to all or any of the Cabinet members who will be involved in making the decision:
- Ian Hudspeth, Leader of the Council 07956 270318 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Judith Heathcoat, Deputy Leader (01367) 241468 email@example.com
- Lawrie Stratford, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care (01869) 244036 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Harrod, Cabinet Member for Children & Family Services 07944 077209 email@example.com
- Lorraine Lindsay-Gale, Cabinet Member for Property & Cultural Services, 07872 592666 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvonne Constance OBE, Cabinet Member for Environment, 07976 934884 email@example.com
- David Bartholomew, Cabinet Member for Finance, 07769 808773 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles, Cabinet Member for Public Health & Education, 07793 935655, email@example.com
- Mark Gray, Cabinet Member for Local Communities, 07971 805416 firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxford OX1 1ND
Google map and directions