Council outlines how it aims to become a Zero Carbon Council by 2030 at the latest

Says Green Councillor Dick Wolff, "It is great that the Council are dealing with 1% of Oxford's emissions, but it is time they started tackling the other 99%"

Although Oxford City Council is only directly responsible for around 1% of the carbon emissions arising from within Oxford, they have influence over a far larger proportion. For example, the Council owns around 8,000 homes and owns an extensive commercial property portfolio (neither of which are included in its zero carbon commitment). In addition, the Council sets planning policies via its Local Plan and has  significant influence over transport, economic and energy policies locally.

Cllr Wolff continues: "What we need is a zero carbon plan for the whole of the City".

FMI: 07968 486854


1st Feb 2021

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

Join our mailing list for news, events and more...

Our Privacy Policy

Sign in or Register