Celia Kerslake commented on In support of the right to protest 2019-11-26 19:12:49 +0000This is brilliant – and contains so many hard facts that we could usefully memorise and use in our campaigning. Congratulations and thanks to the authors!
Celia Kerslake commented on City Budget: Labour ignore Climate Emergency and vote through 'most expensive car parking spaces in the City' 2019-02-21 19:33:21 +0000There could hardly be a clearer manifestation of how DIFFERENT the Green Party is in proposing ACTION in the face of the climate emergency. What do Labour think an emergency is if requires no response at all in terms of concrete measures??
Celia Kerslake wants to volunteer 2018-10-17 13:23:55 +0100
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 7 May 2020. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help.Become a volunteer
- Reminding people to vote:
Celia Kerslake donated 2020-05-07 11:29:29 +0100258 donors500 donors
We know that not everyone can spend precious time fighting for the common good. That is why hundreds of people across Oxfordshire donate monthly to the Oxfordshire Green Party.
Every small donation helps immediately.
Your donation today helps us fight against what the experts warn us against - rampant climate change, crippling austerity, and eroding local democracy. Join other locals in supporting the Oxfordshire Green Party through a regular donation, and help us fight for the common good.
We are solely reliant on small donations; your donations have helped us triple our local councillors in the 2019 Local Elections, and gave us over 2 million votes at the 2019 European Elections - all without a local office or even local full-time paid staff members!
The sacrifice you can give of:
- a packet of crisps (£1) a month could pay for 20 letters to help Oxfordshire's residents fight for their democratic rights,
- a coffee (£2.50) a month could help pay for a local resident campaign against climate change,
- a lunch order (£10) a month could pay for people to hear from us directly,
- a round of drinks (£25) a month could pay for a room to meet local residents and help them with their needs,
- a family of four's cinema ticket to one show (£50) a month could help pay for a full time staff member,
- a dinner out (£100) a month could pay for an office space... for a week!
So go on... give the party a treat!
You can also donate by standing order.
Celia Kerslake is following this site, wanting to find out more about the Oxfordshire Green Party.