Green MP Caroline Lucas, took time out before her appearance on BBC's Any Questions, to launch the Green Party's Oxford City Council Election Manifesto. A large crowd of Councillors, candidates and local people gathered on the Cowley Road to offer their support.
Caroline heard from local Councillors and candidates how the Greens are committed to continuing to hold the Labour-run City Council to account.
Speaking at the launch Green Group Leader Cllr David Thomas said; "As only half the Council is up for election, it is inevitable that Labour will continue to run the Council with a large majority. The Greens have a strong record of holding the Council to account. Voting Green means a more balanced, accountable Council and a healthier democracy. No one wants Oxford to become a one-party state."
Green Manifesto Priorities in Oxford are:
- Ending the homelessness crisis (find out more)
- Tackling air pollution (find out more)
- Saving threatened community facilities (find out more)
- Protecting the local and global environment (find out more)
- Challenging BREXIT (find out more)
More on air pollution:
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with