Andy Egan commented on Andrew Prosser, Green Party candidate for Witney, steps aside to secure Remain vote 2019-11-10 22:37:52 +0000This is a terrible decision:
1. How can the Green Party claim this is the climate election and not give its supporters the opportunity to vote Green and especially lots of young people who will be able to vote for the first time?
2. Labour has come 2nd in the last two General Elections in Witney, so it should be the Lib Dems standing aside
3. Labour’s polices on the environment and climate are much more closely aligned to the Green Party than the Lib Dems e.g. target date for a zero carbon economy
4. The Lib Dems oppose a final say on Brexit and are also ruling out supporting Labour to form a government, which is the only realistic hope of both getting the Tories out and getting a second referendum
5. Jo Swinson has a very dubious pro-austerity, pro-privatisation, pro-fracking record
6. I would always vote Green based on my values (and would therefore never vote tactically for Lib Dem and their dodgy band of turncoats and opportunists)
So I will be voting Labour in Witney
Andy Egan is following this site, wanting to find out more about the Oxfordshire Green Party.