Robert Paynter wants to volunteer 2018-04-25 18:58:35 +0100
Let us know how you can best help on election day, 2 May 2019. Tasks include:
- Reminding people to vote:
- Knocking on the doors of people who said they will vote Green (“knocking up”).
- Telephoning people who said they would vote green.
- Helping in a committee room.
- Giving lifts to voters with mobility difficulties who are otherwise unable to travel their polling station
- Taking voter numbers at polling stations (“telling”)—many voters don’t make up their minds until they are in the polling booth. A Green rosette and a welcoming face can help persuade them. Key times include 7am-9.30am, and 5pm-8pm.
- Tallying the votes at the count, so we know where in the county there are more Green voters.
Please tick the ways you can help below, and where you can help, as there are elections in 4 councils this year.Become a volunteer
- Reminding people to vote:
Robert Paynter wants to volunteer 2018-03-13 17:22:42 +0000
This is a call for candidates to stand for the Green Party at the 2020 elections to councils in Oxfordshire.
We need more Green councillors in Oxfordshire. Could you follow in the footsteps of our Green Party councillors in Oxford, and stand for election? You could improve the quality of our councils by representing the people and views that the governing parties ignore.
If you are at all interested in standing as a candidate, or helping organise a campaign for a candidate, please complete the form below, and the Elections Committee will get back to you with more details.
If you want any more information on what is involved in standing as candidate, please contact the Elections Co-ordinator, David Newman.
We are looking for both target candidates, who will work hard to win in May 2020, and non-target candidates who need to do as little as getting their name on the ballot paper so that people can vote everywhere for a Green Party candidate.Become a volunteer
Life can be lived without exploiting others. Many things we do exploit others both near and far from home and, in the future. The challenge is to know the effects on others, choose the most respectful and stop any that exploit. This should be in ones life at all levels, personal, family, local, national, international. It may even need a change of traditions!
Please keep promoting the positive - negative is often easy to raise angry emotions - find joy and recognise the wonderful advances in technology that can bring health, creativity, interpersonal cooperation and fulfilment to all our lives. Cooperation working with others, compromise will bring joy, generosity and blessings to all.
“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.