Freya Ruparel started a monthly donation 2020-05-08 11:17:08 +0100258 donors500 donors
We know that not everyone can spend precious time fighting for the common good. That is why hundreds of people across Oxfordshire donate monthly to the Oxfordshire Green Party.
Every small donation helps immediately.
Your donation today helps us fight against what the experts warn us against - rampant climate change, crippling austerity, and eroding local democracy. Join other locals in supporting the Oxfordshire Green Party through a regular donation, and help us fight for the common good.
We are solely reliant on small donations; your donations have helped us triple our local councillors in the 2019 Local Elections, and gave us over 2 million votes at the 2019 European Elections - all without a local office or even local full-time paid staff members!
The sacrifice you can give of:
- a packet of crisps (£1) a month could pay for 20 letters to help Oxfordshire's residents fight for their democratic rights,
- a coffee (£2.50) a month could help pay for a local resident campaign against climate change,
- a lunch order (£10) a month could pay for people to hear from us directly,
- a round of drinks (£25) a month could pay for a room to meet local residents and help them with their needs,
- a family of four's cinema ticket to one show (£50) a month could help pay for a full time staff member,
- a dinner out (£100) a month could pay for an office space... for a week!
So go on... give the party a treat!
You can also donate by standing order.
What we need to do now, by Chris Goodall.
June's Book will be "What we need to do now" by Chris Goodall. The session will be online, and Chris Goodall, the writer, will be there to present his ideas, and take questions from you, the readers.
Chris Goodall sets out the ways the UK can become carbon neutral by 2050. His proposals include:
- Building a huge over-capacity of wind and solar energy, storing the excess as hydrogen.
- Using hydrogen to fuel our trains, shipping, boilers and heavy industry, while electrifying buses, trucks and cars.
- Farming - and eating - differently, encouraging plant-based alternatives to meat
- Paying farmers to plant and maintain woodlands.
- Making fashion sustainable and aviation pay its way, funding synthetic fuels and genuine offsets.
- Using technical solutions to capture CO2 from the air, and biochar to lock carbon in the soil.
What We Need To Do Now is a short hardback book that offers a set of solutions to each of the main challenges posed by global heating. Of course it covers energy supply but also has chapters on housing, food, clothing and the main manufacturing problem areas, such as cement and steel. It finishes by looking briefly at the opportunities for direct capture of CO2 from air and the possible benefits and costs of tinkering with the reflectivity of the Earth’s atmosphere.WHENJune 05, 2020 at 8pmWHEREZoom online
Freya Ruparel wants to volunteer 2018-03-08 21:42:13 +0000
When you have volunteered to help the Oxfordshire Green Party, please tell us something about your skills.
For some tasks, we need specialist skills, hence this long list.
But most tasks anyone can do, given the training we provide.Become a volunteer
Freya Ruparel wants to volunteer 2018-03-08 21:41:24 +0000
Help us fight the climate crisis. Let's get more Greens elected!
We need better representatives, ones that don't just pay lip service to the climate crisis. You can help our local election candidates reach thousands of voters in the year round campaign leading up to 6 May 2021
Oxfordshire Green Party is campaigning for a Green New Deal by getting more Green Party members elected at all levels of government. Already our elected Green councillors have got local councils to divest from fossil fuels, declare a climate emergency, improve cycling facilities and require 50% social housing in new developments.
We're not funded by big business or rich people, but we do have thousands of members and supporters in Oxfordshire. Will you help make a difference? Please sign up below to volunteer in any way you can. Or if you would like to speak to someone about it, please phone Kate Robinson on 07582 903996 to find how you can help, at a time that suits you.
Freya Ruparel is following this site, wanting to find out more about the Oxfordshire Green Party.