Oxfordshire Green Party recognises that the City Council has a vital role in the protection and advancement of animal rights in Oxford.
The Green Party will:
- Support the City Council in opposing any circus using animals in the Oxford area.
- Ensure periodic checking of pet shops to prevent the sale of endangered species.
- Resource the dog warden service adequately, to help reduce animal cruelty and the risks that untrained or uncontrolled animals may present to the public or to other animals.
- Consider grant assistance to animal welfare groups providing animal refuges.
- In the long-term, appoint an Animal Rights Officer to lead an animal welfare team for the city.