Oxfordshire Green Party is urgently recruiting a Volunteer Coordinator to mobilise and coordinate volunteer activity during our 2015 General Election campaign in the Oxford East constituency, one of the top eight targeted seats of the Green Party of England and Wales.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience within a political or campaigning organisation and a proven history of volunteer coordination.
Working with Oxfordshire Green Party's existing County-wide Volunteer Coordinator, you will be responsible for mobilising and coordinating volunteer activity in Oxford East. For details, see the job description and person specification.
Oxfordshire Green Party is a local group of the Green Party of England and Wales. Our 6 Oxford City councillors and 2 Oxfordshire County councillors are fighting for the people of Oxfordshire. The key issues that we campaign on include protecting our vital public services, challenging inequality and austerity, fighting for better homes for all, and standing up for migrant rights.
Since September 2014, Green Party membership has doubled across the UK. More and more people are turning away from the parties of the establishment and demanding change. Oxford East is one of our best constituencies in the UK. We come second in local elections across Oxford, with over 20% of the vote. Help us convince Oxford to vote Green in a general election.
- Application deadline:
- Friday 30 January 2015, 12 noon (by email)
- Interview date:
- Friday 6 February 2015 (in Oxford)
- £10/hour, with an allowance for reasonable travel expenses (within Oxfordshire).
- 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week) from February 2015 (start date negotiable, asap) to 5 June 2015. The post is offered on the basis of a contractor offering services to the Green Party of England and Wales.
- Remote working, with meetings and high level of activity in Oxford East.
- Responsible to:
- You will be accountable to the Oxford East campaign team and supported by a designated line manager from Oxfordshire Green Party.