The 2017 General Election
We are proud to support our candidates in five Oxfordshire constituencies for the General Election on Thursday 8th June 2017:
In Oxford West and Abingdon, Cheryl Briggs is standing aside: we are pushing a progressive alliance here and recommend that Green voters in this constituency consider giving Layla Moran of the Liberal Democrats their vote to try and prevent a Conservative victory in this key marginal seat.
Read our leaflet to find out why the Greens stood aside in Oxford West and Abingdon.
Layla has made assurances of support to promote several policy areas important to Greens. These included opposition to further privatisation of public services and the NHS, opposition to fracking, support for LGBTIQA+ rights, and support for voting reform (proportional representation).
What does the Green Party Stand for?
- Why the Greens are standing aside in Oxford W & Abingdon
- Get a Green Party poster for General Election 2017
- Claire Lasko, Green Party Candidate in Witney
- Ian Middleton, Green Party Candidate for Banbury
- Sue Ap-Roberts, Green Party candidate in Wantage
- Robin Bennett, Green Party candidate for Henley
- Larry Sanders, Green Party Candidate in Oxford East