To turn Oxfordshire green, we need lots of helpers not just on election day, 22 May 2014, but all election week.
On Monday, Tuesday and especially Wednesday (when the Green Party Bus is here) we need people to:
- deliver eve of poll leaflets to
- residents (Tuesday afternoon and all Wednesday)
- students in colleges (5-8 p.m., Monday to Wednesday)
- run lunchtime stalls in the centre of Oxford.
On Thursday, polling day we need people to:
- Knock on the doors of people who have promised to vote Green, to check if they have voted, and help them get to the polling station. We have lost elections before when too many of our voters stayed at home.
- Telephone voters to remind them to vote.
- Help out in the committee rooms, from making tea, coffee and sandwiches, to working the computers.
- Walk around town with a Green banner or t-shirt handing out leaflets.
- If you cannot walk knocking on doors, you can sit outside polling stations politely smiling at voters and taking their electoral numbers (telling)
On Friday, at the counting of the votes we need people to:
- Count votes for different candidates from 100 ballot papers coming out of each ballot box. This tells us in which streets there are most Green voters, so we know where to go to get votes for the General Election next year.
- Or just take a look at how an election count is done.
Please come to Oxford to help.
When you RSVP below, remember to sign up for the shifts you can do. You will then be sent to a page to indicate your preferences in how you can help. Please complete that page.
We need your help now, there are only 72 days until the election.
41 Magdalen Rd
Oxford, England OX4 1RB
Google map and directions